Country Chic Paint Ltd. (“Country Chic,” “we,” “us,” “our“) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy (this “Policy”). This Policy describes:
- how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and users (“you“) of our website: countrychicpaint.com (our “Website“);
- the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or use the Website; and
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your personal information.
This Policy outlines the privacy practices and procedures concerning the personal information we collect, use or disclose about you on the Website, in email, text and other electronic messages between you and us and you and the Website, and that we collect directly from you.
If you are using the Website on behalf of any person, you confirm that you are legally authorized to accept the terms and conditions of this Policy on such person’s behalf.
The Website is not intended for any person under 13 years of age. Please see below for the section on the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information for Minors.
Third-Party Websites and Links
How We Collect Information About You
We collect information about you through direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us, and through automated technologies or interactions when you use the Website, for example, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide when filling in forms, engaging with us on the Website’s live support, purchasing product from our online store, requesting further services, entering a contest or promotion sponsored or initiated by us, or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- You may also provide information for us to publish or display (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmit to other Website users or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is technical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Such collection helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app or website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website or app content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioural tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or Network Advertising Initiative for information on how you can opt out of behavioural tracking on or through the Website and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that help users exercise their choices about behavioural tracking.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they use them. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and their content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about updates and changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though the Website.
- To improve the Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on the Website.
- To send you newsletters, messages about our new features, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys and other correspondence concerning our products and services.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails or email us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Country Chic’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Country Chic about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with improvement and optimization of the Website) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law. In response to a request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or other activity that may expose us or you to legal liability, Country Chic can (and you authorize Country Chic to) disclose your personal information and other information about you as Country Chic, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Country Chic, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, intellectual property rights protection, and credit risk reduction
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Transfer of Information Internationally
Information on the Website may be located in or accessed from outside of Canada or sent to others outside of Canada. Please note that any personal information that is outside of Canada may be subject to access by law enforcement and government authorities having jurisdiction in those countries in which the information is located.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure all personal information is protected, but cannot ensure that the laws of other countries will offer the same level of protection as Canadian laws. By submitting personal information to us, you hereby consent to the transmission, processing and/or storage of personal information outside of Canada.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of personal information is important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and to not to share your password with anyone. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer or other device that you use to access the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Country Chic shall not be liable for the transfer of any personal information resulting from loss or distribution of data, the corruption of storage media, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, sabotage, terrorism or any other event beyond our control.
The Website may contain links to other Website that are not necessarily under our control. Country Chic is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other Website and encourages you to be aware when you leave the Website and to read the privacy policies of each and every web site and mobile app that collects personally identifiable information.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Privacy Breach Response
The security of your personal information is important to us; please advise our privacy officer immediately of any incident involving the loss or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Employees of Country Chic are required to immediately report any breach of privacy, or suspected breach of privacy, to Country Chic’s privacy officer. A breach of privacy includes unauthorized external or internal access to our physical records or electronic records, misdirected communications, including mail and electronic communications, and the loss or theft of physical records or electronic records stored on data storage devices.
Country Chic’s privacy officer will coordinate a review of the matter and investigate all reported privacy breaches or suspected privacy breaches. Where a privacy breach has occurred, we may notify the affected individuals and may report the breach to the relevant privacy commissioner or to the appropriate authorities, including law enforcement.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information for Minors
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of the features or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If your personal information changes (such as address or payment information), or if you no longer desire to use the Website, you can update your information on the account pages of the Website. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include: information protected by solicitor-client privilege; information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process; information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information; and information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Website.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Challenging Compliance and Dispute Resolution
We are committed to having an accessible and responsible complaint handling process in place to ensure you can express concerns about Country Chic’s compliance with privacy legislation and other regulatory requirements. Any complaints, disputes, or other feedback concerning our privacy practices, procedures and this Policy should be submitted directly to our privacy officer. We have established appropriate organizational protocols to respond to such inquiries and will, where appropriate, provide a written response to you or amend our privacy practices and procedures or this Policy.
If there is a dispute regarding your personal information or this Policy, you agree to use reasonable efforts to resolve such dispute with us informally and to consult and negotiate with us in good faith to reach a fair and equitable solution.
If the dispute is not resolved through an informal process within 30 days, either you or we may consult the relevant provincial or federal privacy commissioner.
The headings of sections contained in this Policy are for reference purposes only and shall not affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of this Policy. For purposes of this Policy (a) the words “include,” “includes,” and “including” shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation”; (b) the word “or” is not exclusive; and (c) the words “herein,” “hereof,” “hereby,” “hereto,” and “hereunder” refer to this Policy as a whole.
Contact, Enquiries, Complaints
We welcome your questions, comments and requests. Please contact our privacy officer to obtain further information regarding this Policy and our privacy practices or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our privacy officer can be contacted as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Address: #5-4715 Trans Canada Highway, Duncan, BC V9L 6E1